The Graphic Design Intern will conceptualize, visualize and design marketing materials in support of the team’s business operations. The position will be responsible for managing multiple projects under the guidance of the team’s manager of creative services, as well as the vice president of marketing. The position will report to the manager of creative services.
• Create overall design solutions that are grounded in solid conceptual thinking, while complementing the 49ers brand.
• Develop innovative, cohesive, and effective graphic presentations for signage, collateral materials, direct mail, email marketing, offline and online advertising and web/mobile.
• Create promotional or specialty advertising including game day and grassroots giveaways (i.e., t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.).
• Design logos for various marketing and charitable initiatives.
• Assist with other graphic design requests as required such as sponsorship presentations and PowerPoint templates.
• Perform print production tasks including, but not limited to, file preparation, color correction, proofing and press-checks.
• Take part in multiple rounds of editing on any given project.
• Partner with the rest of the marketing team to create cohesive messaging and consistent branding.
• Strong foundational knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, typography, proportion, photography, and motion/rich internet media.
• Awareness of the latest design and photography trends and ability to adapt these trends into strategic designs within the 49ers brand.
• Ability to take constructive criticism and change direction to suit operational needs.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively, making timely decisions in order to meet project deadlines and business needs.
• Ability to handle high pressure situations in a professional manner.
• Ability to keep projects on track creatively and in accordance with production deadlines, budget guidelines and 49ers brand standards.
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Excellent knowledge of Mac OS (primary).
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail, strong proofreading skills and the ability to edit copy when needed.
• Strong communication skills and customer service orientation.
• Positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors.
• High level of interest, involvement and enthusiasm.
• Punctual and professional.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred.
A strong portfolio encompassing a variety of mediums and assignments using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office.