Paid Internship – Graphic Design – Portland Trail Blazers & Rip City Management (Portland, OR)
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we create extraordinary moments for our guests through the relentless pursuit of being the top destination for sports and entertainment in the Northwest.
To support our pursuit, we are looking for a PT Graphic Design.
You will be responsible for:
- Graphic and production print design.
- Graphic and production web design.
- Designing Trail Blazers and Rose Quarter company materials for Ticket Sales and Services, Social Responsibility, Corporate Partnership, Game Operations, Events, concerts, family shows and general Marketing.
- Designing co-branded promotional and collateral materials for Trail Blazers corporate partners.
- Photography services including shooting, photo selection and manipulation.
- Archiving digital photography in on-line photo library.
- Providing assistance with print production (set up files, etc.).
- Participating in meetings and brainstorming sessions for upcoming projects.
- Assisting in general Marketing Department projects, events, promotions and activities.
YOU ARE QUALIFIED IF:
- You are currently enrolled in or have earned a degree in the areas of: Graphic Design, Illustration, and/or Art Media.
- You are able to work on Mac (primarily) and PC platforms.
- You are proficient in (CC) Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, PowerPoint, Word.
- You have digital design and developer skills (Basic knowledge of digital based design and development programs including html, CSS, UX & UI design, mobile design, fluid layout, Dreamweaver.)
- You have design portfolio to demonstrate experience.
- You are attentive to detail and direction and have excellent organizational skills.
- You are a proactive problem solver.
- You have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- You must be open and responsive to design feedback and changes.
- You are able to communicate status of projects effectively to department and clients.
- You are e a quick learner and enjoy a fast paced environment.
Final offers of employment will be conditioned on a successful drug screening and an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Briefly describe how your Education/Experience has prepared you for this Internship.
- Do you have a portfolio of recent work you can share with us? Is it viewable online, if so what is the URL?
- Do you have knowledge of and experience in using Mac and PC platforms? Please describe.
- Please describe your experience/ability in using creative software programs. Specifically the ones described in the job posting.
- Do you have housing available in the Portland area?
- Do you understand all the elements described in the Job Posting? If you have questions please share them.