Communications: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Graphic Designer – Minnesota Wild (St. Paul, MN)
The Minnesota Wild Creative Services team is committed to Creating a Greater State of Hockey by leading the brand design and direction for the Minnesota Wild through all visual elements and fan touch points. Our collaborative group strives to continually present the Minnesota Wild and Minnesota Sports & Entertainment as a premier entertainment organization.
Who are we looking for? Working in a small team, you will be part of a group of that is creative, innovative, driven and committed to creating amazing visual elements. You will be able to multi-task projects, and rapidly execute all types of creative assets from posters and flyers to web and social media with razor-sharp attention to detail. You will be able to create strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of professional working experience and live locally.
The Graphic Designer produces graphic designs and layouts for advertising, collateral, digital media, and websites for the Minnesota Wild, Xcel Energy Center (XEC), Saint Paul RiverCentre (RC) and Roy Wilkins Auditorium (RWA) events.
Graphic Design Production
- Works under the supervision of the Creative Services Manager to ensure all production requests from internal and external customers are met
- Collaborates and creates graphic designs and layout elements for advertising, publications, marketing, social media and websites utilizing Adobe Creative Suite products and other programs
- Utilizes ad mats and other information provided to design/redesign content for desired results
- Develops and presents creative solution options for approval, modifying for feedback received
- Working understanding of HTML to provide content and updates to organizational websites
- Creates standardized templates for use by others within the organization
- Adheres to brand imaging standards ensuring look and feel consistency
- Utilizes project management software to manage project tasks, deadlines and communication needs
- Regularly interacts with internal customers on projects
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Assists in production of graphics for arena matrix displays and video productions
- Actively participates in department creative sessions
Education and Experience
- Two year Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ graphic design experience in a professional environment, working with the Adobe Creative Suite of products for multimedia productions
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Proven graphic design technical abilities with a strong understanding of and experience in branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Demonstrated creative mindset with a passion about excellent creative execution.
- Ability to develop deep understanding of internal client needs that culminates in strategic insight
- Ability to take constructive input/critique from others
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions
- Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- High-proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite—Dreamweaver proficiency a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills with detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and achieve desired end results
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Primary duties are performed within an office environment
- Work schedule includes some evenings and weekends
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
**No phone calls please.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
“1. Please provide a link to your portfolio.”
“2. What is your salary range?”
Closing Date: 2017-01-14