The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing visual communication from concept through completion to support marketing and brand objectives for The Oakland Raiders. This position is responsible for reinforcing the organization’s brand standards and maintaining a consistent and correct representation of the team’s marks and logos, while developing visual elements and artistic style. It is essential that this position understand persuasive visual communication methods and is able to present artwork that is effective, relevant, and dynamic.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop compelling visual communication solutions to meet brand and marketing objectives.
- Assist in establishing creative direction for print and digital communication.
- Assist in producing advertising assets.
- Assist in producing engaging graphics for social media platforms.
- Assist with editing photos for print and digital assets.
- Present creative team with persuasive reasoning for design approaches.
- Work with internal departments to prioritize marketing goals into strategic design concepts.
- Assist with ensuring brand purpose and customer experiences are perfectly aligned at every touch point.
- Design and produce materials to support individual sponsorship initiatives, including (but not limited to) development of presentations, asset mock-ups and materials to be distributed to the client.
- Leverage consumer insights from research including focus groups and audience behavior to drive design concepts.
- Create ways to increase fan engagement touch points while leveraging the Raiders brand.
- Maintain knowledge of design trends and best practices.
- Help foster a creative environment that inspires creative development.
- Assist with providing creative direction, insight and mentoring to part-time staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, other Creative Field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1+ year(s) of design and print production experience in a professional environment.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Exceptional and intuitive understanding of effective design principles.
- Extensive knowledge of design techniques and print production process.
- High-proficiency in Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal departments regarding design projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team.
- Working knowledge in Adobe AfterEffects is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge in Adobe LightRoom is a plus but not required.
- Must be flexible regarding work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.