The Graphic Production Designer/Web Developer is directly responsible for working in the fast-paced, exciting world of professional sports with the NHL’s Florida Panthers. Production of print and digital marketing materials for the Panthers, as well as, the BB&T Center. Assist in the design of all team and arena publications from creation, development and design of new ad campaigns and marketing strategies. This role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying multiple company websites, from layout to function. You will work with the multiple parties to update the current team site, modify existing sites as well as create new sites all which will utilize the current best practices and technologies, are in line with our brand guidelines and feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. Candidate should be organized, self-motivated and able to follow-through on assignments in a timely manner under the direction and guidance of Senior Graphic Designer.
- Building, maintaining and troubleshooting all Panthers websites and app platforms – Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling all our sites
- Experience in Mobile Optimization and Responsive Design principles and ensure all sites are utilizing Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Execute visual solutions based on Sr. Graphic Designer creations for small and large format print and for electronic media.
- Page layout; magazine, brochure, advertisement, direct mail, etc.
- Prepare images for print through color correction and photo retouching techniques.
- Version final layout for print and digital assets based on Sr. Graphic designer’s layout
- Understand brand and the importance of brand standards and be able to apply established standards and formats when necessary.
- Work well independently and in a team setting.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- BA degree in graphic design preferred, associate degree considered; Minimum 2+ years of work experience in graphic and web design
- Working knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), Quark XPress, and Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Solid understanding of responsive web development and device limitations
- Demonstrated ability to convert Photoshop/Illustrator designs to HTML/CSS
- Experience working within a responsive web environment and how to create a fluid design across breakpoints.
- Candidate’s portfolio must demonstrate a good eye for color, composition, legibility, and creativity
- A good understanding of print production processes
- Strong typography skills
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills
- Solid writing/proofing skills a plus