JOB DESCRIPTION: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
What it’s all about:
We’re looking for a graphic designer that is obsessed with design. Someone who can’t resist to sketch an idea with whatever tool they have. Pencil, pen, paintbrush, stylus, twig–it doesn’t matter to them. Someone who knows Frutiger, Lubalin, and Gill as names of designers and not just fonts. We’re looking for design explorers that continuously trek the web, bookstores and the world around them for inspiration. If you design in photoshop before you grab a pencil and moleskine, you need not apply. But if you want to grow as a designer and create killer work, then we need to talk.
We are looking for a graphic designer whose love and respect for the work outweighs the perks of working for a professional sports team. Don’t get us wrong, we love where we work and have fun doing it, but the work is why we are here. We are a rare in-house creative agency for an NFL team. We cover multiple disciplines and we do lots of different things while maintaining a creative environment and chill attitude.
We are looking for a fresh designer to come join our team and help us concept and design amazing and beautiful work on a daily basis. We want someone who’s willing to grind on social graphics, out-of-home ads, books, corporate identity pieces and multimedia interfaces from concept to completion. Someone who’s not afraid to collaborate with other departments like video production, corporate sales and cheerleading to make the work better. If this sums you up then shoot us your info, a link to your work and let’s talk.
What will you do?
- Work directly with the Creative Director and design team on brainstorming, developing and executing design work for the organization. These include but are not limited to marketing materials, logos, signage, installations, promotional items, advertisements, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the entire team to ensure that all designs communicate the desired message and functions successfully for the multitude of jobs you will receive.
- Take ownership of the creative process for each project you are assigned, including inter-departmental communication, problem solving and business decision-making.
- Provide creative input, ideas and concepts for the overall marketing and brand development of the organization.
- Be willing to sell out for the work when it’s necessary.
- Identify fresh and emerging internal and external opportunities to promote the Miami Dolphins brand on multiple levels.
What do you need to know?
- Clear understanding of the organization’s corporate identity
- Extensive knowledge of design techniques and emerging technologies
- Expertise in current graphic design practices, including fluency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Lightroom, Outlook and Microsoft Office on MAC platform
- Consistently take initiative to complete tasks and projects with limited supervision
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple jobs in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with project managers regarding design projects, progress and deadlines
- Must maintain professional attitude at all times and be receptive to project changes
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Must have an understanding of the role graphic design plays in the marketing and sales process
- A knowledge of photography, composition and lighting is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or closely related discipline
- 2-3 + years of professional experience in the Graphic Design field, within an agency or in a corporate environment
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Perform physical activities such as setting up for an event or producing print mocks
- Ability to work flexible hours including all game weekends, nights, weekends and holidays
- Travel less than 20%
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Provide link to portfolio upon request.