Arizona State University
Enterprise Marketing Hub
Requisition Id# 19147BR
$18.84 – $23.55 per hour; DOE
The graphic designer in the Enterprise Marketing Hub will be working in a fast-paced studio environment that is committed to effectively and efficiently developing communications through inspired design and branding. The individual will prepare a variety of best-in-class graphic design and layout work in preparation of various print and digital media. Under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Marketing Hub Design Director, the designer will specialize in the Sun Devil Athletics brand while supporting a variety of university publications, displays and other media as appropriate.
- Develops a high-level of brand platform expertise on the ASU’s family of brands and implements the creative direction into design for print materials and multimedia (i.e. posters, newsletters, brochures, booklets, flyers, logos, digital signage, animated gifs, exhibits/displays and advertisements).
- Creates and designs technical drawings and illustrations.
- Works closely with photographers and assists with art direction and creative brainstorming.
- Maintains a high level of engagement and expertise in Sun Devil Athletics and knowledge of the Athletics brand and the sport environment is required.
- Confers with clients, editors, marketing persons and others regarding project specifications such as paper stock, graphic content, layout and media requirements.
- Writes bid specifications for jobs assigned to outside vendors. Coordinates production of material with outside vendors by monitoring jobs in progress, resolving technical problems, proofing material and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Works with a project management system to maintain updates, routes proofs, and record time within the system. Maintains productive communications through the system and works with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure projects are delivered on time.
Associate’s degree in Graphic Art or related field AND two years experience in graphic design and layout, illustration, or commercial art; OR, four years’ experience in graphic design and layout, illustration, or commercial art; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in using established templates, style sheets, color palettes, grid systems, and brand libraries.
- Experience in using office software, including Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, and Excel) and Google Drive (Docs, Presentations, Spreadsheets).
- Experience in graphic design, layout and illustration.
- Evidence of a portfolio of work.
- Experience designing artwork for print material and websites.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML or graphics design software or other web authoring languages.
- Experience in photo manipulation, vector illustration, and basic information graphic design.
- Experience in animation, especially preparing animated gifs.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of printing procedures and requirements.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in effectively establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
Our office is at the 4th floor of The Centerpoint, 660 S. Mill Avenue (15 minute walk from the main campus). Work will be mostly in front of a computer on a workstation, but may have instances of traveling to other offices/buildings for meetings with clients.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. Drives University vehicle and/or cart to campus site.
The ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub is a “best-in-class” internal marketing agency that offers strategy and services to ASU clients while providing hands-on, educational experiences for our students.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
- ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
- AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
- Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
- ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
- Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
- Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
- An electronic portfolio must be provided at time of application.
- Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
- ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click “External Applicant” under Staff Positions, see Req Id# 19147BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2347968