Graphic Design Internship
Term: Seasonal (4 months)
The Kansas City Royals creative/graphics department is seeking an intern to assist in the execution and planning of design projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under manager’s supervision, the intern will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist art director on numerous, smaller projects
- Assist art director with large print pieces, including stadium signage
- Communicate and coordinate projects with printers to ensure design accuracy and keep project delivery on schedule
- Be involved in weekly internal status meetings and design meetings
- Additional design and management duties assigned by art director
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- 1-2 years experience
- Skilled knowledge of Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft office
- Experience with brand/identity work
- Knowledge of both print production and digital output
- Displays exceptional type and layout skills, as well as understanding of color and photography use/trends
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and handle tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external personnel in a professional manner
- Displays a willingness and can-do attitude
Applicants must be able to commit to full duration of internship and should submit a resume, portfolio samples/website and a cover letter no later than Friday, November 27.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Do you have a bachelor’s degree in design or a related field?
2. Yes/No. Do you have skilled knowledge of Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)?
3. Yes/No. Do you have experience with brand/identity work?
4. Yes/No. Do you have knowledge of both print production and digital output?