Job Title: Motion Graphics Designer
Reports to: Director of Entertainment and Productions
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Summary: Motion Graphics Designer/Video Editor is responsible for the artistic creation, design and development of original concepts and programming. Work with the Reds Productions and Creative departments to produce, design and edit game and non-game day motion graphics and features. This includes fulfilling other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Productions. Must be available to work all home games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in the creative process of most scoreboard and video productions
- Provide design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
- Experience with motion graphics and unique pixel sizes like in-stadium LED’s is a plus
- Design and produce still and motion graphics for social media, in-park, and digital signage
- Work with Director of Digital Media on design concepts for social media platforms
- Edit commercials, features and vignettes
- Update sponsored features and elements as needed throughout the season
- Work with marketing and scoreboard to develop production ideas
- Work with other departments to address their video production needs, as time allows
- Participate as a member of the game day crew when assign
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Bachelor degree in television, video, communications, new media, or motion graphic production required.
- Two – Four years of experience in video editing, graphic production and/or live video production required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Written and verbal communication skills are valued in this position.
- Creative individual who can work in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrate proficiency with various graphic and motion graphic software
- General understanding of a professional work environment
- Experience in a MAC based environment
- Have an excellent working knowledge of PhotoShop, Illustrator, After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Experience in Cinema 4D is a plus
- Must be able to work well with others and solve problems within a fast-paced, dead-line oriented, high-energy environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be willing to work evenings and weekends and may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have 2-4 years of experience in video editing, graphic production and/or live video production?
2. Do you have a working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Adobe Premiere?