Manager Printing and Design
Arizona State University
Enterprise Marketing Hub
Requisition Id# 18538BR
Salary Range: $48,750 – $55,000 per year; DOE
Close Date: 09-December-2015
The Design Manager for Athletics will be working in a fast-paced studio environment that is committed to effectively and efficiently developing communications through inspired design and branding. The individual will manage, prepare and coordinate the implementation of a variety of best-in-class graphic design and layout work in preparation of various print and digital media. Under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Marketing Hub Design Director, the manager will specialize in the Sun Devil Athletics brand while supporting a variety of university publications, displays and other media as appropriate. This position will work closely with and need to develop a strong working relationship with Sun Devils Athletics directors and their appointed delegates.
- Responsible for all phases of graphic design from concept to completion including the design of websites, html emails, sales materials, brochures, magazines, multimedia presentations, billboards, digital ads, and in-stadium signage, etc.
- Work with university and Sun Devil Athletics staff to develop ideas and efficient design systems and brand standards to produce a large body of work.
- Work closely with Sun Devil Athletic directors and delegates and will play a critical role in reporting progress, establishing priorities, coordinating with other designers working on Athletics-related projects, and training others on the Athletics and University brand standards.
- Understand and adhere to a variety of university brand standards, FERPA policies, and NCAA and Pac-12 compliance policies.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with professional organizations, contractors, university administrators, coaches, faculty and staff.
- Represent the Enterprise Marketing Hub and serve on various department and university workgroups.
- Participate and may facilitate planning meetings, review sessions, photo direction, and brainstorming.
Bachelor’s degree Graphic Information Technology, or a related field AND five years of design, Litho and Digital printing, and variable data printing, which includes three years of supervisory experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in implementing, leading and coordinating best-in-class, branded communications (both print and electronic).
- Experience in designing for an athletics-based brand.
- Experience in rapidly preparing graphics and communications in order to respond real-time to emerging news, important announcements, and team performance/accomplishments.
- Experience in having a proactive approach to work throughout the course of a year, anticipating and proposing projects based on past experience with clients.
- Experience designing for and managing print, web, email, in-stadium graphics and other multimedia projects.
- Experience in conduct creative, inspirational research to discover and apply emerging design trends and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design software: Creative Suite 5, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, and MS office software; and with UX or data-driven design.
- Experience using and contributing to established and emergent identity systems including object libraries, color palettes, and strong typography systems to create inventive design solutions,
- Experience with problem solving and decision making.
- Experience in providing leadership in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in conflict resolution and problem solving with multidisciplinary workgroups.
- Experience working with project management systems.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
Our office is at the 4th floor of The Centerpoint, 660 S. Mill Avenue (15 minute walk from the main campus). Work will be mostly in front of a computer on a workstation, but may have instances of traveling to other offices/buildings for meetings with clients.
The ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub is a “best-in-class” internal marketing agency that offers strategy and services to ASU clients while providing hands-on, educational experiences for our students.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click “External Applicant” under Staff Positions, see Req Id# 18538BR or go directly to: