AMB Sports & Entertainment Group is a subsidiary of AMB Group, LLC, and is comprised of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC, The Atlanta New Stadium Project, and a potential Atlanta Major League Soccer team.
Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC
The Atlanta Falcons are a professional American football club and member of the National Football League (NFL). The Falcons compete in the NFL’s NFC South Division. The team plays their home games at the Georgia Dome in downtown Atlanta, but construction is planned to begin in 2014 on a new retractable roof stadium with play beginning in the 2017 season. The team’s headquarters and practice facilities are currently located at a 50-acre site in Flowery Branch, Georgia. The Falcons’ NFL expansion franchise was awarded in 1965. Under current owner Arthur Blank’s leadership, the Falcons have become one of the League’s premier teams on and off the field.
The Atlanta New Stadium Project (NSP)
The Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA) and the Falcons have developed an agreement for a new retractable roof stadium to be built on the GWCCA campus. Scheduled to open in 2017, the NSP will serve as the home of the Falcons in addition to other sports, convention and entertainment events currently held at the Georgia Dome, and other new marquee events that will be hosted in the future. Since their first season in 1966, the Atlanta Falcons have called Downtown Atlanta home. After spending their first 26 seasons at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, the Falcons moved to the Georgia Dome in 1992. The Falcons’ last season in the Georgia Dome will be 2016. The new facility will allow the Falcons to provide a world-class, league-competitive, game-day, experience for fans to ensure the city and state are able to retain current major events as well as attract new marquee events to the region. The agreement calls for the Falcons organization to manage and operate all aspects of the NSP, unlike the current arrangement at the Georgia Dome. This represents a tremendous opportunity for the organization to control the game-day and event experience for all NSP attendees.
Atlanta MLS Team
AMB Sports & Entertainment Group will field a Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion team in 2017. MLS, founded in 1996, is the top-flight professional soccer league in the United States. This will be the 22nd franchise for the league, which has a presence in major markets across the United States and Canada and plans to expand to 24 franchises by 2020.
The Graphic Designer is directly responsible for assisting the Creative Services department in developing concepts and managing production for the Blank Family of Businesses through the design of forward thinking creative graphic elements that maintain the continuity of the teams’ brand across both traditional and interactive mediums. These mediums include publications, sales collateral, marketing materials, campaign assets, ads, direct mail, outdoor installations, season tickets, annual schedule items, in-stadium signage, logos, etc. This position balances creative thinking with an understanding of project management to excel in our fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop creative concepts and execute production on all teams print and interactive
- Manage relationships with print vendors relaying specifications for production
- Manage teams digital asset library
- Coordinate delivery of assets and proofs with external freelance contributors
- Identity/logo design for internal and corporate partner events and programs
- Adapt design elements to carry out the continuity of the our brand throughout all collateral
- Prepare final layout for print and oversee the production process
- Prepare images for production through color correction and photo retouching techniques
- Precise proofing of all materials and deliver high-quality, on-time, error-free drafts
- Serve as a production assistant on location and in studio during photo shoots
- Serve as a brand ambassador in regards to logo usage and graphic standards
- UX design and wire framing for desktop and mobile platforms
- Support digital media department with various graphics and IAB ads to be used across the teams web and social properties
- Conceptualize and build custom creative concepts for sales pitches and client presentations
- Research printing options
Qualifications and Education Requirements
5 or more years of active employment as a creative professional; experience in sports and/or entertainment
Must present a portfolio of works that represents a diverse creative skill set including:
- Publication layout
- Interactive/user interface design
- Identity/logo design
- Photo editing and compositing
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, fluent within InDesign Style sheets
- Excellent design sense; thorough understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography and composition
- Knowledge of print production and the pre-press process
- Solid design expertise in social media and digital user experience
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of current web technologies and best practices
- Experience with client relationships, understanding client needs and meeting deadlines
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple departments
- In depth understanding of our industries
- Background in digital photography preferred
- Comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
- Action-oriented and able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Team player who understands the importance of communication and adhering to deadlines
- Capable of working on and managing multiple design projects at a given time and executing quickly
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
- Highly creative, with a balance of strategic vision and day-to-day productivity
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and communicative
- Works well under pressure
- Positive attitude
Posted with permission from Mike Benford.
Do you want to see more posts like this? Let us know what you want to see on SportsDesign.co by visiting the contact page.